The following Terms and Conditions apply to all purchases of Raffolux Tickets and all Entries submitted to any Competition.
When joining Raffolux, Entrants will be required to tick on the Website and/or App that they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
- All Competitions are operated by the Promoter, and the Promoter is the official sponsor of each Competition. Where the product is sourced from a Raffolux Partner, the Promoter is authorised by that Raffolux Partner to offer their respective Product(s) provided as prizes in the Competitions.
How to enter
- By submitting an Entry or a Postal Entry, Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not so agree to be bound, do not purchase Raffolux Tickets, and do not submit an Entry or Postal Entry.
- To validly purchase Raffolux Tickets and validly enter a Competition, a Visitor must become a Registered User by completing all details on the Membership Form on the Website or App, or signing in through one of the linked social media platforms, and must then either:
- Deposit a minimum of £3 (three pounds) into their Raffolux Wallet and make at least one Entry into a Competition before the Closing Date of that particular Competition.
- submit a free Competition entry via the Postal Entry option. A single Competition entry made by Postal Entry must be sent before the Closing Date of the particular Competition (see terms 6 and 7 for more details on Postal Entry).
- Purchases of Raffolux Tickets shall be processed by Axcess Merchant Services. This shall be subject to Axcess Merchant Services' terms and conditions, which are available to view by following the link: https://www.axcessms.com/. The purchase fee of the Raffolux Ticket(s) must be received by the Promoter in pounds sterling only and if you make a payment in a different currency, the amount you pay in that currency may have currency exchange and international transfer charges added.
- Postal Entries must be sent by first class post, and must be received by the Promoter at The Maylands Building, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England, HP2 7TG no later than 2 (two) days after the Closing Date of the relevant Competition in order to be valid. Postal Entries must be sent on a postcard or by letter. Attempted Postal Entries received on anything other than a postcard or within a letter will not be accepted. In the case of multiple entries received in a single letter or on a single postcard, only one entry will be entered into the relevant Competition. If the Entrant's Account cannot be identified from the details provided on the Postal Entry, then the Competition-specific single entry will not be processed. Postal Entries without correct and sufficient postage paid will be invalid and will not be considered. Personal and hand deliveries will not be accepted.
- The Promoter will store and process the Entrant’s personal information. The personal information must include details of at least one form of contact and will be used for the following purposes:
- to notify any Winner or Runner(s) Up that they have won a Prize in a Competition;
- to administer the Website and App, and conduct the Competitions; and
- after a Draw, to post the Winner and, where applicable, any Runner(s) Up’s first name, town/county of residence and profile image or other provided photo on the Website and/or App, and in media communications about the Competitions.
- All Entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Promoter with accurate and current contact details.
- The Promoter will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any Entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the Entrants or otherwise.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- responsibility for Postal Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged, or delayed in receipt at the specified address (see term 7) by more than 2 (two) days after the Closing Date of the relevant Competition, and this holds regardless of the cause including, for example, failure of postal service, natural disasters, and water corruption; or
- any other purported proof of entry to the Competition other than as recorded by the systems of the Website or App, or by the Promoter upon receipt of a Postal Entry.
- An Entry, and/or a Postal Entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the Entrant engages in:
- any form of fraud, whether actual or apparent;
- fraudulent misrepresentation;
- fraudulent concealment;
- hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website or App; or
- amending, or unauthorised use of, any code that constitutes the Website or App.
- Each individual Entrant may submit up to the maximum number of entries specified in total for any one particular Competition, through any combination of Entry/Entries and Postal Entry/Postal Entries.
- The Entry Fee must be paid for each Entry, and a separate validly completed Postal Entry must be made for each individual entry. For example, in order to enter 20 (twenty) times to a particular Competition, the Entrant must either (i) pay the Entry Fee 20 (twenty) times, (ii) send in 20 (twenty) separate Postal Entries, or (iii) do some combination of (i) and (ii).
- Only valid Entries and Postal Entries will be entitled to participate in a Competition and be eligible to win a Prize in a Competition.
- All funds deposited in the Raffolux Wallet, and all Entries and Postal Entries to any one Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason.
- For further help with Entries and Postal Entries, please contact us by using the question mark (?) icon on the Website or App.
- Competitions are open for entry only to private individuals (i.e., not companies or businesses) aged 18 (eighteen) or over, excluding:
- any legal person located outside of the United Kingdom;
- the Promoter and their employees;
- Only Registered Users are eligible to enter any Competition.
- In entering a Competition, all Entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any Prize awarded in the relevant Competition. The Promoter may require any Entrant, including any Winner and/or Runner(s) Up to provide evidence that they are eligible to enter a particular Competition.
- The Promoter will not accept Entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties;
- paid for using a debit/credit card belonging to someone other than the Entrant;
- altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
- The Promoter will not accept Postal Entries that are:
- completed by third parties;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- incorrectly sent by post;
- delayed in receipt at the Promoter's specified address (see term 7) by more than 2 (two) days after the Closing Date of the relevant Competition, or are not received at the Promoter's specified address (see term 7) through whatever reason other than the Promoter's actions.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify Entrants if their conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition entered.
- Entries and Postal Entries on behalf of another private individual will not be accepted, and joint submissions are not allowed.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants warrant that all information that they submit is accurate, true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (entirely at the Promoter's discretion) if there are reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has acted in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
Prizes and the Draw
- The Winner and any Runner(s) Up for each Competition will be determined and awarded the relevant Competition Prize(s) so specified on the Website and on the App in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Draw to determine the Winner and, where applicable, any Runner(s) Up will be made on the Draw Date (subject always to the extension of the Closing Date under term 28).
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, and at any time during any Competition up to the end of its associated Closing Date, extend time to a new Closing Date, to be no later than 14 (fourteen) days after the original Closing Date that was specified.
- If by 48 hours after the Competition’s Closing Date (which may be subject to an extension of time as set out in term 28), the Reserve Level has been reached, that Competition will close and on that Competition's Draw Date:
- there will be a Draw to determine the Winner, and the Prize shall be awarded to the Winner;
- where the Competition provides for one or more Runner Up Prize(s), there will be a Draw or Draws to determine the Runner(s) up, who shall be awarded the associated Runner Up Prize(s).
- If by 48 hours after the Competition’s Closing Date (which may be subject to an extension of time as set out in term 28), the number of Entries and Postal Entries received is less than the Reserve Level, that Competition will close and on that Competition’s Draw Date:
- the Promoter will exercise an option at its sole discretion as to whether to give the Prize(s) to the Winner and any Runner(s) Up despite the Competition entries not reaching the Reserve Level, and if the Promoter does not exercise this option;
- all Entries and Postal Entries will be returned to the Registered User's Raffolux Wallet.
- If any Winner or Runner(s) Up cannot be contacted by the Promoter within 21 (twenty-one) days of being notified of their status as the Winner by e-mail and/or telephone outlined in the contact details submitted in their Entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award their Prize to the Entrant next Drawn, with the effect that the first Runner Up (as applicable) would become the Winner, the second Runner Up (as applicable) would become the first Runner Up, and so on. At the Draw, there shall be such number of additional/reserve entries drawn but not actioned or disclosed until required to permit the operation of this alternate Winner / Runner Up arrangement. Any alternate Winner or Runner Up shall likewise comply with the above 21 (twenty-one) day contact requirement.
- The Promoter shall take all reasonable steps to ensure and preserve the random nature of the Draw but shall not be required to comply with any particular regulatory or other standards in this respect. The Draw has historically been operated with the use of a True Random Number Generator provided by Random.org and through a random ticket selection, however the Promoter may operate the Draw in any reasonable way and may change the Draw process at any time. The result(s) of the Draw are final and the Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence in relation to the same.
- The Winner, and where applicable, any Runner(s) Up will be required to forward a copy of their passport or driving license together with two utility bills dated within the previous three months to the Promoter to prove their identity and that their Entry or Postal Entry was made in accordance with term 21 and 22 respectively, and that there is no lawful impediment (pursuant to any applicable UK or international law) to the Winner, or any Runner(s) Up being awarded any Prize in the relevant Competition. In the event that the Promoter reasonably believes that there may be a lawful impediment to awarding a Prize to a Winner or any Runner(s) Up, the Promoter may suspend making such award until the legal issue is resolved or if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter such issue cannot be resolved, to award that Prize in a like manner as set out in term 31.
- The Promoter does not in any way guarantee or give any warranties as to the value of the Prize, its condition, history or any other matters associated with the Prize.
- When a Visitor becomes a Registered User, they have the option to select one of 6 (six) Partnered Charities. For every entry that the Registered User makes, a vote will be allocated to the Charity they selected. At the end of each month, the Promoter will allocate 10% (ten percent) of its proceeds to the Charities chosen by the total class of Registered Users that have selected a Charity to sponsor, in accordance with the proportion of monthly votes that each Charity receives.
- The Raffolux Partner may, for any Competition for which it has provided a Prize, specify a Charity to which a percentage of the total Raffolux Ticket receipts will be donated. The Promoter or the Raffolux Partner will make the Charitable Donation after the Draw.
Announcement of Winners and any Runner(s) Up
- The Promoter has the right to announce and publish any of the information outlined in term 8(c) pertaining to any Competition’s Winner and Runner(s) Up on the Website and App and via email marketing campaigns, as well as on the Promoter’s associated social media pages/sites, such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Any Winner and Runner(s) Up shall cooperate with and participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests. In the case of failure of the Winner or Runner Up to participate in the Promoter’s reasonable publicity requests, such as obtaining a picture of the Winner or Runner Up with their Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to retake possession and ownership of the Prize, or recover the full cost of the prize.
Limitation of Liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any Entrant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of submitting an Entry or Postal Entry, or in relation to the use and enjoyment of a Prize by the Winner or Runner(s) Up gained through any Competition, except where death or personal injury is caused by the negligence or fraud of the Promoter, or that of their agents, distributors, or employees. The Winner’s statutory rights are not affected.
- The liability of the Promoter to each Entrant is limited to the aggregate value of the Entry Fees paid by that Entrant.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for errors or omissions contained within the description of any Prize awarded as part of any of the Competitions on the Website or App, or the Prize Value, or any other description or specification or any other part of the Website or App. It is the responsibility of each Entrant (and in particular the Winner and any Runner(s) Up) to satisfy him/herself as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of the Website or App.
- The Promoter shall not be a trustee of any Entry Fees received.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend or cancel any Competition at any time, either before or after Entries and/or Postal Entries have been received. If a Competition is cancelled, the Promoter will return the Entry Fees paid by each Entrant to their Raffolux Wallet, and return the relevant Entry Fee for each Postal Entry made by each Entrant to their Raffolux Wallet. Where all the Entry Fees have been returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person.
- Without prejudice to the operation of term 42, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel any Competition in the event that an order is made or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the Promoter, or an order is made for the appointment of an administrator to manage the affairs of the Promoter, or circumstances arise which entitle a court or creditor to appoint a receiver or manager or which entitle a court to make a winding up order, or the Promoter takes or suffers any analogous action in consequence of debt or an application to court for protection from its creditors is made by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to make reasonable amendments to these Terms and Conditions at any time, with immediate effect upon publishing such amendments on the Website and App. Any such amendments shall not prejudice any Entries or Postal Entries received prior to the time of such changes.
- These Terms and Conditions shall not create or be construed as creating any form of contract, joint venture or other agreement between any Entrant and the Promoter.
- All Competitions that the Promoter promotes, their administration and all associated activities shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Each Entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of their Entry or Postal Entry for their future reference.
Note that throughout the Terms and Conditions, plural forms of the capitalised terms are used, and have the same meaning as given below.
Account: means the Registered User's Raffolux account.
App: means the Raffolux App, available on both iOS and Android platforms.
Charity/Charities: means the charities or charitable causes that may be specified by a Raffolux Partner for a particular Competition.
Charitable Donation: means the percentage of the total receipts for a Competition that will be paid to the Charity or Charities specified by the Raffolux Partner.
Closing Date: means the date on which a Competition closes.
Competition: means any raffle operated by the Promoter on its Website and/or App to which these Terms and Conditions apply, wherein the Entrants submit Entries and Postal Entries via the Website and App for a chance to win Prize(s).
Draw: means the random selection of an Entry and/or Postal Entry from the class of total entries, that occurs on the relevant Competition’s Draw Date to determine the Winner and, where applicable, any Runner(s) Up.
Draw Date: means the date at which the Draw takes place, which will be no sooner than 48 (forty-eight) hours after the Closing Date of the relevant Competition or from the point that the Competition is sold out, and no later than 14 (fourteen) days after the Competition reaches the Closing Date or is sold out. If the Closing Date is extended pursuant to term 28, the Draw Date will be extended also, maintaining the same parameters stipulated within this definition.
Entrant: means any natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) who validly submits an Entry or a Postal Entry to a Competition, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Entry: means a validly submitted and completed entry by the Entrant through the Website or App in order to gain an opportunity to win a Prize.
Entry Fee: means the entry fee payable as a condition of submitting a valid Entry. The fee will be stated clearly for each Competition, and may vary between Competitions.
Membership Form: means the form required to be completed, unless a linked social media sign-in is used, in order for a Visitor to become a Registered User.
Partnered Charity: means one of the 20 (twenty) charities that can be selected by Registered Users.
Postal Entry: means a validly composed and posted postcard or letter, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, that is received by the Promoter.
Prize: refers to the good or service so specified in each Competition that a Winner or Runner Up of that Competition may receive. The Prize to be awarded to the Winner and/or Runner(s) Up cannot be substituted for any Prize of equivalent value, such as a cash prize, at the request of the Winner and/or Runner(s) Up. The Promoter reserves the right to offer a cash alternative to the Prize specified in the Competition.
Prize Value: means the description of the value of a Prize of a Competition.
Product: means a good or service owned by a Raffolux Partner.
Promoter: means Raffolux, which is the trading name of Raffolux Ltd, company number 10962686, whose registered office address is The Maylands Building, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, England, HP2 7TG.
Raffolux Partner: refers to a company or private individual that enters into an agreement with the Promoter to provide one or more Products.
Raffolux Tickets: means the virtual tickets that Registered Users purchase in order to enter into a Competition.
Raffolux Wallet: means the virtual holder of the Raffolux Ticket(s) that a Registered User has purchased.
Runner(s) Up: means the Entrant(s) selected second, third, fourth, and so on as required by the Draw on the Draw Date, subject always to a Draw taking place in accordance with term 29 and not otherwise.
Runner Up Prize(s): means the Prize that a Runner Up will receive, as may specified in a Competition.
Registered Users: means a Visitor that has filled out a Membership Form, or signed in through one of the linked social media platforms such as Facebook or LinkedIn. Registered Users are eligible to make Entries or Postal Entries to any Competition, insofar as they are eligible to do so due to the nature of the Competition itself.
Reserve Level: means a certain number of Raffolux Tickets, specified individually for each Competition. The Reserve Level is used to determine whether the Prize will be available to win, or whether a funds return to the Raffolux Wallet will be issued (see terms 29 and 30).
True Random Number Generator: means the Random.org software built by DR Mads Haahr of the School of Computer Science and Statistics at Trinity College Dublin in Ireland. The particular software utilises atmospheric noise to ensure the highest level of entropy, and select a truly random Winner of each Competition.
Visitor: means any unique visitor that is a natural person (not including a limited company, partnership or limited liability partnership) to the Raffolux Website or App.
Website: means https://raffolux.com
Winner: means the Entrant first selected by the Draw on the Draw Date, and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.